Sunday, December 2, 2012

I finally got around to babysitting on Friday night. I had to turn down a job for Conner when I was sick, and the night before the Boise youth cultural celebration because I had homework and an early morning the next day.
Anyway, I got to go see Halley and the boys in the weekend and that was really fun. :) They tried to teach me how to play Mario Galaxy but they quickly abandoned that idea and I went back to coloring and reading with Halley. She got up on the chair and finished eating some yogurt while I baked cookies with a Bob's Red Mill mix. Well, I turned around five minutes later and she wasn't there but I did hear the water in the bathroom going. She had scribbled some makeup on her forehead so I scrubbed that off and held her on my hip while I finished mixing the ingredients up.








The boys were absolutely ecstatic and practically counting down the minutes until the cookies were ready. After a few each, I read to the boys from the Book of Mormon synopsis about Ammon and Lamoni's father. Ethan went to sleep fairly well, but Max came down a couple times complaining that he couldn't go to sleep because of "voices in his head..." He meant that it was too loud and he "felt like sleeping down here." I said I'd be more quiet but he wouldn't get any sleep if he stayed down here. And so, after the cookie adventure was cleaned up, I read my book and then tried to turn the wii back on and get to the Netflix. But seeing that I'm technologically challenged, I ended up choosing a DVD instead... and with a whole shelf of movies available, I picked out sleeping beauty and ate my snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment