Monday, October 15, 2012

HI GUYS!!
Sorry it took a while to get this journal done but, here it is.
So I babysit the family that's new to my ward. The kids are so cute, aren't they?! Hally is the youngest; she cried a lot the first couple times I was there. First, when her parents left, she was screaming and crying so I tried holding her, showing her toys, then I tried another approach and just sat her on the couch. I sat next to her and she just looked at me for a minute, then started screaming at me again. Haha, obviously, I was far from her favorite. Luckily, I had a book called Carl; it's a children's picture book about a dog babysitting while the mother is away, but there are no words, so it's fun to make up your own story a bit. Well, second time I babysat, the parents just put her in bed while I colored with the boys and she stayed in there for about twenty so I finally got her out while the boys were turning on the wii. I showed her the Carl book again (that thing is a life saver), and gave her some popcorn and fruity snacks. After that she went to bed with no problem at all! The third time her parents left while they were eating quesadillas so she only pouted a bit before returning to her dinner. I was talking to the boys about their games and when I said I'd brought some bubbles to play with, Hally's eyes lit up, "BOBLES" she screamed. Obviously the boys didn't want to go outside with us (they'd already been playing with their friends before I came), so I just pictures of her. She would get so upset if she couldn't pull the bubble want out of the spill-proof container at the right angle, it was almost too enteraining. Occasionally I took a turn to blow some real bubbles, during which she would almost go breathless with so much excitement. When she wanted it back I asked if she could say please, and after I handed it back, she would say ankt you! Untill I said you're welcome. She had a lot of pleasure in looking at the Carl book again, and then she ran into the kitchen screaming, "CULOR!" So, I got up to the table with her and helped her color some awesome Toy Story pictures. We reviewed how to say please and even a few of the colors. I was impressed when she picked up one of the crayons and said "ellow." She finished another quesidilla square and she had been so good that day I decided to give her fruity snacks. She laid down without any problems and hugged her monkey as I put her beloved purple blanket over her.
Ethan is the oldest at eight years old. He is so smart and goes through his home-school hours like it's he easiest thing on earth. He started it only this week and as we were talking about it during dinner, he remarked, "you go to that school, too, right? The lessons are like, they seem so much faster than they should be." The second time I sat for them, he and his little 6-year-old brother, Max, raided my babysitting bag to show off their coloring and problem-solving skills. Ethan  was able to finish each hidden word problem quickly and Max insisted on us playing tic-tac toe.
Max is sweet and interested in the world around him. He is good at reading and listening to instructions.. espesially when there's a treat involved. ;) Max picked out a book for me to read to him that second night of "Whose skin is this" He got to see a little description and an illistration of a part of an animal. Max guessed what it was and was usually right. And, of course, boys do love their video games. :) I play with them when I'm not taking care of Hally. We died miserably on Super Mario Brothers but hey, practice makes perfect, right? And, apparently, there's a new fancy version of Zelda.
After they finished playing Zelda, they wanted a snack. Having younger brothers myself, I knew that they just didn't want to get up from their game to eat. I re-heated their left over quessadillas instead of giving them popcorn or something else. They didn't seem to care they didn't get many treats that time and ran into bed just a few minutes after the deadline. I checked up on my homework and a bit of the social network before sweeping the kitchen and washing the table.
Sitting there at almost 10:30, I then attempted to amuse myself. The parents usually picked me up some minutes before that, so I was trying to keep myself awake. Haha, I didn't know how sleeping on the job would look. After reading my book I decided to waste away the rest of my emotions on Sherlock ss2ep3... and no, there's no spoilers here. But I was driven home before the big finish. DX I fell into bed at midnight and forgot to set my alarm for the next day... I woke up at 8am right when a youth activity was starting.
haha, well that's the end of my adventures for now. If you're interested just email me/click my facebook info and if you want I can refrence you to the parents of these awesome kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment